On Tue, Dec 26, 2023 at 12:27:38AM +0000, Sharlatan Hellseher wrote: > Hi Guix! > > > It might be addressed to rust/python teams. > https://github.com/pydantic/pydantic-core > > During update of some packages from (gnu packages astronomy) I've faced > with requirement for the fresh version of pydantic which depends on > pydantic-core built with rust and maturin. > > This thread is just conversation opener for the potential strategy to deal > with similar cases where python projects start using rust with rare but new > build tool. We have maturin packaged at 1.1.0 and I believe it is even used to build a couple of packages. python-rpds-py, which just landed in the repo today, is probably the best short example of how to use a combination of cargo and any other build system to build a project that doesn't really need any phases overridden, just added/replaced. Is there a specific version of pydantic that you need? I might be able to put together something either using the crates in the master branch or a newer version on the rust-team branch. -- Efraim Flashner רנשלפ םירפא GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D 14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351 Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted