On 2023-12-08 10:42:07 +0200, Saku Laesvuori wrote: > Hi, > > I'm planning on refreshing Guix's haskell packages as my fix for > https://issues.guix.gnu.org/66347 requires rebuilding all of them > anyway. Should I try to keep commits small with only one update per > commit (which is more work but managable if I don't care about the > commits being buildable) or should I try to keep them buildable (i.e. > update everything in one commit)? It is quite certain that most of them > will not build after updating ghc or a subset of their dependencies, so > making many small commits would cause nearly all of them to be > unbuildable. If for not other reason then to make git history bisectable, I think each commit should be buildable. But this is just a opinion from the peanut gallery. Tomas -- There are only two hard things in Computer Science: cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.