On Tue, Nov 14, 2023 at 08:11:08PM +0000, John Kehayias wrote: > Hi Kaelyn, > > On Sun, Nov 12, 2023 at 08:01 PM, Kaelyn wrote: > > > Hi, > > > > I've just submitted a pair of patches for the mesa-updates branch: > > updating xorgproto and > > xorg-server-xwayland. The xorgproto is a high-impact update (guix > > refresh reports rebuilding 8710 packages would ensure 22871 dependent > > packages are rebuilt), but required to update to the latest xwayland > > as xwayland requires a newer version of presentproto than in the > > current guix xorgproto package. The updating and ungrafting of mesa > > and a number of X.org related libraries seemed like a good time (and > > place) to update xorgproto as well. > > > > Cheers, > > Kaelyn > > Thanks for the patches. I think mesa-updates in this current iteration > is set on builds (ended up being a lot more due to the ungrafting but > seems done on our main architectures for several days now). I had to > make some other changes to fix some larger breakages but at this point I > think it will just be taking us back in the build queue too much. > > So I think it would make more sense on the next big rebuild, either > core-updates (talk about doing that with more ungrafts right now) or > I'll do mesa-updates again when the next release of mesa hits. Or maybe > it makes sense to just do another branch for xwayland? > > Open to ideas! I'll send a separate message soon on the status of > mesa-updates and see what people think, but my thought was to merge this > to master in the next day or so if there are no objections. If the mesa branch is ready to merge so soon then I think we should just get that merged and then I'll rebase the rust-team branch on top of new master. The rust-team branch is also ready to merge, but we're way behind on aarch64 substitutes. Either way the substitute servers will be rebuilding all of rust so I think it'd be better to merge in mesa-updates and then do rust. -- Efraim Flashner רנשלפ םירפא GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D 14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351 Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted