Hello, procps fails its tests on core-updates when built with --system=i686-linux (it succeeds on x86_64). The error is completely not understandable (and Debian has disabled the test). I modified the test file as attached; my changes are to compute the value val separately before the "if" (interestingly enough, the variable declaration "double val;" was already there), and I added the fprintf at the beginnings of the lines. The test then fails and prints CMP 1 CMP 0 DIF 0.000000 FAIL: strtod_nol_or_err("123") != 123.000000 So val != tests[i].result when the "if" is executed, this is still the case for the first fprintf, and then changes for the second fprintf. Has anyone got any explanation for this behaviour? A compiler error? Here: https://www.freelists.org/post/procps/strtod-nol-or-err-on-32bit-Was-procps-3312-released,2 the conclusion is "Ive got a pending patch to just remove it. Floating point math sucks when it comes to equality." but this is not even floating point maths - whatever the contents of val and tests[i].result, they should not be changed by a comparison (or an fprintf; I can also make the test work just by adding some printf into the strtod_nol_or_err function that is exercised by this test). Andreas