On Mon, Jun 20, 2022 at 12:17:38AM +0200, Andreas Enge wrote: > Hello, > > Am Fri, Apr 01, 2022 at 10:41:11AM +0200 schrieb Ludovic Courtès: > > At first sight, it looks like an easy-to-maintain package: no > > dependencies, few users, stable API. > > > > I tried to update it to 3.5.1 and was proved wrong though: there’s one > > test failure in ‘tests/asn1object’ and the Internet doesn’t seem to know > > how to address the problem. So it would need a bit more work. > > > > I’d lean towards keeping it and doing that extra work, collectively, but > > I understand this very discussion shows that it’s debatable. > > at some point in time, my understanding was that we would switch everything > to libressl and drop openssl. I have not followed, but from > https://lwn.net/Articles/841664/ > it looks as if the problems with openssl are more or less solved, at least > they are not worse than in libressl. > > So an option would be to try to switch the existing dependencies to openssl > and decide from there. > > What do you think? I thought I had updated it last month but it turns out I never actually did. My daughter and I looked at fixing acme-client before the staging merge before we saw it was abandoned, I guess that's when I thought I updated libressl. I'd be more interested in trying to use openssl-3 than trying to pull along libressl. -- Efraim Flashner אפרים פלשנר GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D 14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351 Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted