On Tue, Jun 07, 2022 at 05:11:48PM +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote: > Hi Efraim, > > Efraim Flashner skribis: > > > As someone who has never used debbugs or emacs I find it daunting to try > > to add it into my workflow. Currently I am subscribed to guix-patches > > and I dump it into my guix-devel mailing list. I read my mail using mutt > > and will just pipe the patches to git to apply them and try them out > > that way. After years and years of this I'm pretty happy with this > > aspect of my workflow, but finding older patches can be more > > challenging. And in our case older can be only a week old. > > The manual mentions the two web interfaces in addition to Emacs: > > https://guix.gnu.org/manual/devel/en/html_node/Debbugs-User-Interfaces.html > > Do you or would you use them to keep track of pending patches? > > Perhaps a CLI taking advantage of mumi’s HTTP interface (or using > Guile-Debbugs) would work better? Like: > > mumi new # list new issues > mumi fetch 1234 # fetch patches of issue #1234 > mumi close 1234 > … > > WDYT? Of the little bit I've seen of debbugs I think I really want is to have a mailbox folder with just the patches and bugs in it (finally set this up yesterday) and to have the threads automatically marked as read after the bug has been closed. I don't know anything about usertags to make use of them, so it's not something I've ever missed. Since I've now split the mailboxes I have less than 300 unread messages from guix-devel and almost 7000 unread in my shared guix-patches/bugs-guix mailbox. I would gladly trade that mailbox for something in the terminal that connected to debbugs directly for the autoupdating of closed bugs and would still allow me to pipe the patches themselves to apply them to the git repo. It might be what I'm looking for is a minimal emacs config that is just a frontend to debbugs and lets me use all my normal tools (vim, msmtp, etc.) for everything else. -- Efraim Flashner אפרים פלשנר GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D 14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351 Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted