On Sun, May 15, 2022 at 11:22:05PM +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote: > Hi Efraim, > > (+Cc: Marius.) > > Efraim Flashner skribis: > > > python-cryptography now depends on rust. We're going to need 3.4.8 from > > the 3.4 series for the other architectures. Currently > > python-cryptography@36.0.1 is gating about 3000 packages. > > Yes, so what do you mean? Should we keep the old 3.3.1 for use on > non-x86_64 platforms? Would that even work? I'll add 3.4.8 for non-x86_64 platforms and see if I can do something about the rust inputs for python-cryptography, to shorten the graph a bit and note which crates are "locked" in their current versions. > Besides, since mrustc was updated on ‘staging’, does that new version > better support platforms other than x86_64? I hear we should be able to do aarch64 with our new version of mrustc but I haven't tried building it yet on my machines. I'd leave it as a happy bonus for now and leave aarch64 with the C counterparts for this round, rather than relying on the rust bootstrap chain, considering how much RAM it can use. > Thanks for the heads-up, > Ludo’. > -- Efraim Flashner אפרים פלשנר GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D 14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351 Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted