* Assisting reviewing & committing with tags?
@ 2022-01-09 10:54 Maxime Devos
From: Maxime Devos @ 2022-01-09 10:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hi guix reviewers and committers,

WDYT of tagging reviewed patches that look good with a usertag,
e.g. 'reviewed-looks-good':

https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/pkgreport.cgi?tag=reviewed-looks-good&users=guix

then if a committer doesn't have much time to review and hence doesn't
subscribe to guix-patches@, but they do trust the reviewer, they can visit
that URL to look for reviewed patches that can be applied.

There could also be a tag 'reviewed-looks-good2' if the patch appears ok
to two reviewers, or a 'reviewed-needs-work', etc.

Greetings,
Maxime.

-- how to set the usertag:

user guix
usertags 53119 reviewed-looks-good
thanks

* Re: Assisting reviewing & committing with tags?
@ 2022-01-11 19:10 ` Leo Famulari
From: Leo Famulari @ 2022-01-11 19:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Maxime Devos; +Cc: guix-devel

On Sun, Jan 09, 2022 at 11:54:25AM +0100, Maxime Devos wrote:
> Hi guix reviewers and committers,
>
> WDYT of tagging reviewed patches that look good with a usertag,
> e.g. 'reviewed-looks-good':
>
> https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/pkgreport.cgi?tag=reviewed-looks-good&users=guix
>
> then if a committer doesn't have much time to review and hence doesn't
> subscribe to guix-patches@, but they do trust the reviewer, they can visit
> that URL to look for reviewed patches that can be applied.
>
> There could also be a tag 'reviewed-looks-good2' if the patch appears ok
> to two reviewers, or a 'reviewed-needs-work', etc.

This is a great idea. I guess we will need to adjust the software that
runs issues.guix.gnu.org to make use of it, but in the meantime you
should keep using this tag. Thanks!