On Tue, Nov 30, 2021 at 01:17:30PM +0100, Hartmut Goebel wrote: > Hi, > > for those who contributed to sequoia packaging: > > Currently, sequoia is packages somewhat sub-optimal: > > There are some rust-creates in crates-io.scm (rust-sequoia-openpgp-0.9, > rust-sequoia-rfc2822-0.9) and the big sequoia package in sequoia.scm. The > other sequoia crates are currently not available as separate creates. Future > versions of pEp (pretty easy privacy, pep.scm, which relies on sequoia) will > get its own "pEpEngineSequoiaBackend" FFI library. > > I propose the following: > > * Move all sequoia related crates in to sequoia.scm. As of now these > are only rust-sequoia-openpgp-0.9, rust-sequoia-rfc2822-0.9 and > there is only on package depending on them rust-libpijul-0.12 > * bufferedreader, rust-nettle and other crates from the sequoia > project but not having "sequoia" (or such) in the name would be kept > in crates-io.scm I like these two. > * In sequoia.scm there would be all sequoia crates, with the app > packages named without "rust-" prefix ("sequoia-sq", …) So to clarify, rust-sequoia-openpgp-0.9 (and similar libraries) keep their names, and sequoia-sq and other "end user binaries" don't have a 'rust-' prefix (and are built with #:install-source? #f). > * The current "sequoia" package will become a "wrapper", just > propagating (or copying, what ever is more common in guix) the other > packages which have an actual output. Sounds good to me. > > WDYT? > Sounds like you have a good plan :) -- Efraim Flashner רנשלפ םירפא GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D 14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351 Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted