unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Cuirass badges
@ 2021-05-28 13:10 Mathieu Othacehe
From: Mathieu Othacehe @ 2021-05-28 13:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hello,

Cuirass is now able to generate badges like any respectable CI
system. For instance:

* https://ci.guix.gnu.org/jobset/master/badge generates a badge showing
  the percentage of successful jobs for the master specification.

* https://ci.guix.gnu.org/jobset/guix/badge generates a badge showing
  the percentage of successful jobs for the guix specification.

You can integrate those badges in your Git forge. There's a screenshot
of a Gitlab integration attached.

I think that the badge design[1] could be significantly improved by
anyone with artistic abilities. It would also be nice if the badge could
display the specification name so that badges corresponding to multiple
specifications can be displayed together.

Thanks,

Mathieu

[1]:
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix/guix-cuirass.git/tree/src/static/images/badge-per.svg

[-- Attachment #2: badge.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 8049 bytes --]

* Re: Cuirass badges
@ 2021-05-28 16:49 ` Luis Felipe
From: Luis Felipe @ 2021-05-28 16:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mathieu Othacehe; +Cc: guix-devel

On Friday, May 28, 2021 1:10 PM, Mathieu Othacehe <othacehe@gnu.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Cuirass is now able to generate badges like any respectable CI
> system. For instance:
>
> -   https://ci.guix.gnu.org/jobset/master/badge generates a badge showing
>     the percentage of successful jobs for the master specification.
>
> -   https://ci.guix.gnu.org/jobset/guix/badge generates a badge showing
>     the percentage of successful jobs for the guix specification.
>
>     You can integrate those badges in your Git forge. There's a screenshot
>     of a Gitlab integration attached.
>
>     I think that the badge design[1] could be significantly improved by
>     anyone with artistic abilities. It would also be nice if the badge could
>     display the specification name so that badges corresponding to multiple
>     specifications can be displayed together.
>
>     Thanks,
>
>     Mathieu
>
>     [1]:
>     https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix/guix-cuirass.git/tree/src/static/images/badge-per.svg

I'm giving this a try.

* Re: Cuirass badges
@ 2021-05-28 19:24   ` Luis Felipe
From: Luis Felipe @ 2021-05-28 19:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luis Felipe; +Cc: Mathieu Othacehe, guix-devel

On Friday, May 28, 2021 4:49 PM, Luis Felipe <luis.felipe.la@protonmail.com> wrote:

> On Friday, May 28, 2021 1:10 PM, Mathieu Othacehe othacehe@gnu.org wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> > Cuirass is now able to generate badges like any respectable CI
> > system. For instance:
> >
> > -   https://ci.guix.gnu.org/jobset/master/badge generates a badge showing
> >     the percentage of successful jobs for the master specification.
> >
> > -   https://ci.guix.gnu.org/jobset/guix/badge generates a badge showing
> >     the percentage of successful jobs for the guix specification.
> >     You can integrate those badges in your Git forge. There's a screenshot
> >     of a Gitlab integration attached.
> >     I think that the badge design1 could be significantly improved by
> >     anyone with artistic abilities. It would also be nice if the badge could
> >     display the specification name so that badges corresponding to multiple
> >     specifications can be displayed together.
> >     Thanks,
> >     Mathieu
> >

> I'm giving this a try.

Here's my initial proposal:

https://luis-felipe.gitlab.io/media/2021/05/cuirass-badges-proposal-2021-05-28.png

And the source file:

https://luis-felipe.gitlab.io/media/2021/05/cuirass-badges-proposal-2021-05-28.svg

I think I like d and d*.

* Re: Cuirass badges
@ 2021-05-28 19:34     ` Leo Famulari
From: Leo Famulari @ 2021-05-28 19:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luis Felipe; +Cc: guix-devel, Mathieu Othacehe

On Fri, May 28, 2021 at 07:24:50PM +0000, Luis Felipe wrote:
> Here's my initial proposal:
>
> https://luis-felipe.gitlab.io/media/2021/05/cuirass-badges-proposal-2021-05-28.png

Wow!

> And the source file:
>
> https://luis-felipe.gitlab.io/media/2021/05/cuirass-badges-proposal-2021-05-28.svg
>
> I think I like d and d*.

Me too, and I prefer d over d*

* Re: Cuirass badges
@ 2021-05-30  8:28     ` Mathieu Othacehe
From: Mathieu Othacehe @ 2021-05-30  8:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luis Felipe; +Cc: guix-devel

Hey Luis,

> And the source file:
>
> https://luis-felipe.gitlab.io/media/2021/05/cuirass-badges-proposal-2021-05-28.svg
>
> I think I like d and d*.

Wooh, that's great! I updated Cuirass to use the d badge proposal.

Many thanks for your help,

Mathieu

* Re: Cuirass badges
@ 2021-06-08 13:07 ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2021-06-08 13:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mathieu Othacehe; +Cc: guix-devel

Hi!

Mathieu Othacehe <othacehe@gnu.org> skribis:

> Cuirass is now able to generate badges like any respectable CI
> system. For instance:
>
> * https://ci.guix.gnu.org/jobset/master/badge generates a badge showing
>   the percentage of successful jobs for the master specification.

Fanciness.  :-)

This is not yet deployed in the current ‘cuirass’ package, right?

Thanks,
Ludo’.

* Re: Cuirass badges
@ 2021-06-09 12:27   ` Mathieu Othacehe
From: Mathieu Othacehe @ 2021-06-09 12:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: guix-devel

Hey Ludo,

> This is not yet deployed in the current ‘cuirass’ package, right?

Yes it is :) For instance, to get the badge of the guix-hpc
specification at https://guix.bordeaux.inria.fr, you can use the
following URL: https://guix.bordeaux.inria.fr/jobset/guix-hpc/badge.svg.

There are some additional details in the Cuirass documentation.

Thanks,

Mathieu