On Mon, Jun 07, 2021 at 06:41:41PM +0200, Hartmut Goebel wrote: > Am 07.06.21 um 18:26 schrieb Hartmut Goebel: > > > Another path we should checkout is to see what Debian does. My > > > understanding is that they figured something out.  Worth a shot, but > > > I’d rather the problem be fixed upstream. It will just take > > > collaboration. > > > > I did not check their tollchain lately, but package-earch still does not > > show many packages . > > Last time I check, they basically do what guix does: compile everything > > from source - again and again. > > > Just checked: Debian has quite some source packages [1], which even list > "binary" packages (which are development packages). Anyhow it seems as if > these are just the source again [2] > > [1] > [2] > > My understanding is that they pool together all the sources that they have and then build all the rust packages in one go. -- Efraim Flashner אפרים פלשנר GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D 14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351 Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted