On Wed, Apr 21, 2021 at 04:47:06PM -0400, Mark H Weaver wrote: > I just noticed that 'glib' is still grafted on the 'wip-ungrafting' > branch. Was that intentional? > > https://git.sv.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/tree/gnu/packages/glib.scm?h=wip-ungrafting&id=e12210dc92098d8581cea3007d57dbb6be16bb41#n171 Yes. For that branch I only selected grafts that I judged to be "simple". There are many other grafts still in place on that branch. My criteria for simplicity are grafts that either apply one or two patches, or are minor version upgrades of projects that are known to care about ABI compatibility. We want to ungraft as much as possible for the upcoming release, to improve performance of package operations. However, we lack the time and humanpower to validate the ungrafting of the more complicated grafts in time for the release. Some of the remaining grafts should never have been made, in my opinion, and I want to discuss our policies on this subject — after the release. In any case, I'm not confident that we will include wip-ungrafting in the release. The build failure rate of the wip-ungrafting branch is higher than 10%, which I think is too high: https://ci.guix.gnu.org/jobset/ungrafting