On Wed, Mar 31, 2021 at 07:52:30PM +0200, Léo Le Bouter wrote: > On Tue, 2021-03-30 at 12:37 +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote: > > To me, a good way to make sure work remains “in progress” is to post > > regular updates to this list, and then to write blog posts for the > > web > > site whenever an important milestone is reached. > > > > I think a web page is likely to quickly become outdated… unless said > > work transitions from “in progress” to “stalled”. :-) > > I feel like using the mailing list fails at solving one concern that is > discoverability of WIP problems for people to show up and help tackle > them, even if they were abandonned by the people who started them. Not > everyone can handle the load of incoming mail in the ML. On the GNOME > 40 upgrade for example I linked the mailing list thread on the wiki > page also. The wiki page is also more likely to get outdated if it > doesnt have great visibility on the GNU Guix official website, that, > for sure. Yeah, I agree that it's hard to learn about "what's cooking" when you first arrive at the mailing lists. It's true that wikis tend to get out of date, but I think that it won't be too bad for this use case. At least, it won't be worse than the mailing lists, for newcomers who want to know about longer-term efforts like the GNOME upgrade.