On Tue, Mar 23, 2021 at 11:54:54PM +0100, Ricardo Wurmus wrote: > This seems to be a misunderstanding. The first step is to use the money > we already have but cannot exchange for hardware, because > > - finding appropriate hardware that you can actually buy is not easy > - hosting needs to be considered because we can’t just dump them in the > MDC data centre where most of the Intel servers are hosted. > > We bought a handful of Overdrive 1000 in the past (they are no longer > sold), and hosting was always an obstacle. > > While looking for ways to get the project some more money is certainly > worthwhile, it’s really not the pressing issue here. I volunteer to host one or two workstation-type 64-bit ARM machines. Concretely, this would mean a Honeycomb LX2 or Ampere ALTRA workstation, since I don't believe there are any other aarch64 workstations available for sale. https://www.solid-run.com/arm-servers-networking-platforms/honeycomb-workstation/ https://store.avantek.co.uk/ampere-altra-64bit-arm-workstation.html