On Tue, Mar 16, 2021 at 05:34:34PM +0100, zimoun wrote: > The question is: should the next release 1.2.1 contain zstd@1.4.9 as > graft? Or do we revert the commit and simply fix it on core-updates > and wait for the next core-updates cycle. Personally, I am in favor > of the latter. WDYT? The release should not contain any grafts, if we can help it. On the wip-next-release branch, I've simply updated zstd to 1.4.9: https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/log/?h=wip-next-release I do agree that updating this program 5 versions in a graft was perhaps too much. We should always try to cherry-pick bug-fix patches when grafting. Otherwise the risk of breakage is too high. At least, these types of patches should be reviewed on guix-patches. Léo, can you send them to guix-patches in the future? Sometimes it is okay to update things in a graft, but it depends on the situation.