On Thu, Mar 11, 2021 at 12:58:50AM -0800, Chris Marusich wrote: > Hi Efraim, > > Efraim Flashner writes: > > > I wanted an Easy Win™ and I've pushed a branch wip-ppc64le-for-master, > > which cherry-picked (I think) all of the powerpc64le commits and > > adjusted them to work against master WITHOUT affecting other > > architectures. > > It looks like you modified "gnu: glibc: Fix ldd path on powerpc" and > "gnu: gcc-4.7: On powerpc64le, fix /lib64 references" to avoid changing > the package definitions on other architectures. That might work out; > I'll try testing it on my hardware and report back. Believe me, I'd be > happy to have powerpc64le-linux working on any branch. > > However, the moment master and core-updates are integrated with one > another, glibc will be upgraded upgraded from 2.31 to 2.32, and it will > be necessary to upgrade GCC, also. I don't think there's any way around > that. If possible, I'd really prefer not to hide that big of a change > behind an "if powerpc64le-linux" statement, since I don't like the idea > of having to deal with unique failures on powerpc64le-linux that might > stem from using a different GCC version than the rest of Guix. It is > good to be consistent with other architectures, when we can be. Then we > can share the same problems and help fix them together. > My plan was absolutely to merge master into core-updates after and then integrate all the changes into their affected packages. I'd also make sure to bump gcc to 8 (assuming we don't go straight to 9). -- Efraim Flashner אפרים פלשנר GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D 14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351 Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted