On Wed, Mar 10, 2021 at 11:17:02AM +0100, Ludovic Courtès wrote: > Hi Chris, > > Chris Marusich skribis: > > > I just wanted to let you know that I've rebased the wip-ppc64le branch > > onto core-updates. The wip-ppc64le branch head used to be > > 147b74817e6cf97f37090ecfd52e2588f4c39f7e, but now it's > > df5d633db7acf6389ca9d444b8f5784a0da5ac5d. > > > > I wanted to inform you so you don't get caught off-guard the next time > > you update your local copy. > > > > I've squished some commits together where it made sense to do so. I've > > omitted some commits which were cherry-picked before, but which are > > already in the core-updates branch. And I have explicitly NOT merged > > master into wip-ppc64le at this time. > > Noted. > > > I have also taken the liberty of cherry-picking Tobias' commit > > 65fb3a3eb9a759e3dba18e78113e80d7e5b353f4 from master, which adds Léo to > > .guix-authorizations. This should allow him to add commits on > > wip-ppc64le without worrying about causing problems for "guix pull" > > later. > > Good idea. > > We’ll have to think about merging. At things stand, it seems that the > bits that could go to ‘master’ (those that don’t trigger a world > rebuild) are already there, right? > > For the rest, we could aim for rebasing on core-updates and merging > there. > > WDYT? As noted in another thread this would involve updating gcc to gcc-8. There are some other patches which could go straight into master (I'm looking at libelf specifically, probably others), but glibc and gcc/libstdc++ I'm not sure how to do those ones. Actually, looking at the branch there's also findutils-boot0, but that can be changed to only be for target-powerpc for now and changed in core-updates. I have a similar one I had to do for binutils on powerpc-linux that I managed to make not affect other architectures. -- Efraim Flashner אפרים פלשנר GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D 14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351 Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted