On Tue, Mar 09, 2021 at 10:32:18PM +0100, Vincent Legoll wrote: > Hello Chris, > > I'm all for that, what can I do to help ? > > I don't have a Talos, though... > > So only cross- or emulated- stuff... > > Willing to help, but needs directions. > The two ways forward that I can see is to figure out how to merge wip-ppc64le into master without it affecting any of the other architectures. This would generally be through some fancy ifs and whens to only affect powerpc64le and would get the architecture supported earlier. For example, some of the patches touch gcc and libstdc++. If 'guix build gcc-toolchain -d' and 'guix build gcc-toolchain -d --system=powerpc64le-linux' are unchanged then you've successfully combined the two. The other option is to try to build and fix packages for other architectures (notably x86_64 as a start) using the wip-ppc64le branch, with the assumption that for the most part the same packages would be broken by an update of gcc to gcc-8. The first option has the potential to get powerpc64le merged before the release, the second is going to be necessary in any event. -- Efraim Flashner אפרים פלשנר GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D 14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351 Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted