On Mon, Feb 08, 2021 at 09:32:27AM +0000, raid5atemyhomework wrote: > > * the shepherd services defined in `configuration.scm` > > seem one-shot services to me, so maybe add '(one-shot? #t)'. > > I was wary of making the `zfs-scan` one-shot, since there is a dependent service on top of it. Not to mention restarting `zfs-scan` could be useful if for example you were doing hotswapping of devices. Maybe. > After a one-shot service 'happens' it is effectively in a 'stopped' state. So if something else comes along and requires it it will start it again. So if running 'zfs scan' can be considered a one-off action and it's ok if it's run when other services need it then making it a one-shot service is OK. > > > * in the 'stop' of zfs-automount, the code changes the working > > directory. As it isn't restored afterwards, this doesn't seem > > kosher to me. Or maybe this isn't an issue at all. > > The code is modeled after `file-system-shepherd-service` procedure in `gnu/services/base.scm`, which includes a `(chdir "/")` as well with the comment "Make sure PID 1 doesn't keep TARGET busy.". Since this also does filesystem mounting/unmounting, I judged it best to imitate the existing filesystem mounting/unmounting service. Makes sense to me. > > Thanks > raid5atemyhomework > -- Efraim Flashner אפרים פלשנר GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D 14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351 Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted