On Thu, Feb 04, 2021 at 09:38:43AM +0000, Christopher Baines wrote: > > Specifically, I'm curious to know: > > > > - Is it usually expected that wip branches can be rebased? I don't plan > > to rebase wip-ppc64le, since I'd like to be able to coordinate with > > others using this branch, but I'm not sure what others expect. > > I think rebasing introduces issues with commit signatures, since you'd > then be signing others commits. If multiple people are committing to the > branch, I'd treat it like staging/core-updates, and merge rather than > rebasing. The signatures will be lost, but for "wip-" branches the expectation has always been that history may be rewritten. For me, rebasing is a more comfortable workflow for this kind of exploratory branch. I recommend against using merges here.