unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* strange english in docstring
@ 2021-01-16 19:51 Vincent Legoll
From: Vincent Legoll @ 2021-01-16 19:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hello,

I don't understand the following docstring
english (even if I guess the meaning):

https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/tree/gnu/system.scm#n861

--
Vincent Legoll

* Re: strange english in docstring
@ 2021-01-16 20:47 ` Leo Famulari
From: Leo Famulari @ 2021-01-16 20:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vincent Legoll; +Cc: guix-devel

On Sat, Jan 16, 2021 at 08:51:32PM +0100, Vincent Legoll wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I don't understand the following docstring
> english (even if I guess the meaning):
>
> https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/tree/gnu/system.scm#n861

Indeed, it looks like a typo.

I bet it was rewritten from something like "Return *something*
containing the static part of the /etc directory."

It should probably say "Return a <service> that builds the static part
of the /etc directory."

* Re: strange english in docstring
@ 2021-01-21 11:17   ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2021-01-21 11:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leo Famulari; +Cc: guix-devel

Leo Famulari <leo@famulari.name> skribis:

> On Sat, Jan 16, 2021 at 08:51:32PM +0100, Vincent Legoll wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I don't understand the following docstring
>> english (even if I guess the meaning):
>>
>> https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/tree/gnu/system.scm#n861
>
> Indeed, it looks like a typo.
>
> I bet it was rewritten from something like "Return *something*
> containing the static part of the /etc directory."
>
> It should probably say "Return a <service> that builds the static part
> of the /etc directory."

Oops, I’ll push a fix.

Thanks,
Ludo’.