On Wed, Nov 02, 2022 at 12:20:14PM +0100, Ludovic Courtès wrote: > Hi! > > Maxime Devos skribis: > > > 100% (rounded up) of the packages build with antioxidant, though a > > very few still fail to build: > > . > > Woohoo!! > > > So far, work on antioxidant has been done in a separate channel for > > convenience, but given that almost everything builds now, I think it's > > a good time to start looking into moving it into Guix proper > > (initially as a branch, as there are some remaining TODOs like > > e.g. 'why are some of the binaries made with antioxidant larger than > > with cargo-build-system + fix that'). > > > > More concretely, this would mean changing the 'runtime' > > transformations done by 'antioxidant-packages.scm' (in the style of > > '(guix)Defining Package Variants') to source code transformations > > ("guix style"). > > > > IIRC, Ludo' has some "guix style" patches for moving #:cargo-inputs to > > 'inputs' and such; those could perhaps be used as a basis. > > That’s but it probably needs work if > we want it to work reliably on all the packages. My understanding is > that we’d need a “flag day” where we’d switch all Rust packages to > Antioxydant in one commit, is that correct? Any ideas how to achieve > the big migration? > > Efraim, thoughts on this? Would it be possible to create a branch for it on savannah and hack on the integration there? Then we can make sure everything looks good and merge it in after everything builds nicely. -- Efraim Flashner אפרים פלשנר GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D 14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351 Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted