On Sat, Dec 05, 2020 at 10:41:50PM +0100, Tobias Geerinckx-Rice wrote: > I think you misunderstood my (and Ludo's) point, which was to prevent > possible abuse of a name still in common use. For whatever reason, outside > of our little echo chamber people say GuixSD, not Guix System. Squatting > guixsd.org will attract plenty of traffic to whatever message the squatter > wishes to spread. I don't have a strong opinion either but don't think the > cost savings cover that risk. Right. When I saw the plan to release the domain, I started planning to purchase it myself. For better or for worse, people are still saying "GuixSD".