On Thu, Dec 24, 2020 at 09:24:17PM -0500, Mark H Weaver wrote: > What do you think? I understand your concerns about the ambiguous meaning of an "LTS" kernel in the context of Guix. In order to make it more concrete, we could attempt to stay on the same long-term support kernel series between Guix releases. It might not always be possible or convenient, but it could make it more meaningful. If the LTS kernel were to expire before a new Guix release, we would have to decide what to do. We shouldn't start backporting fixes or maintaining our own tree, in any case. Regarding the comment above the new variables, I think that the longterm support kernels are, by definition, "current". If they are not current, then they are not supported. If the variables should point to the newest kernel with longterm support, let's change the comment. Something to note is that, much of the time, Guix *only* offers long-term support kernels. Also, the dates on appear to have drifted out of sync with the upstream at .