Hello, Sarthak! I would like to show interest in having an open issue on the matter. Suhail Singh writes: > Sarthak Shah writes: >> From my understanding, debbugs issues are meant for technical features [ 6 more citation lines. Click/Enter to show. ] >> or issues pending implementation, while guix-devel threads are meant >> for discussions surrounding Guix and possible features. > > I am no authority on the matter, so please take what I say with a grain > of salt. However, I have seen technical discussions (on features > not-yet-fully-implemented) happen on the bug and patches mailing lists > in addition to guix-devel. I don't believe there's a strict rule. To > an extent it's to the discretion of the individual(s) having the > discussion. I want to echo Suhail sentiment. My self and other members of the community have expressed interest in your work through different channels scattered around the web. This is a recurrent topic, an open issue would encourage participation and sharing ideas. Even if I try to be active on most of the available Guix communities, I'm sure I miss many topics due to the scattered nature of the community. I encourage you to open an issue so it can be a hub for us. Regards, Sergio. ________________________________ From: guix-devel-bounces+sergio.pastorperez=outlook.es@gnu.org on behalf of Suhail Singh Sent: Wednesday, August 21, 2024 4:37 PM To: Sarthak Shah Cc: Suhail Singh ; Marek Paśnikowski ; Guix Devel Subject: Re: Global modification of #:make-flags Sarthak Shah writes: > From my understanding, debbugs issues are meant for technical features > or issues pending implementation, while guix-devel threads are meant > for discussions surrounding Guix and possible features. I am no authority on the matter, so please take what I say with a grain of salt. However, I have seen technical discussions (on features not-yet-fully-implemented) happen on the bug and patches mailing lists in addition to guix-devel. I don't believe there's a strict rule. To an extent it's to the discretion of the individual(s) having the discussion. Additionally, having an issue open doesn't preclude one from cc-ing guix-devel in replies, in case that's desired. Though, whether that's /desirable/ is a different matter. > This is why I had linked the relevant mailing list thread in my blog post > as well. It's your prerogative at the end of the day, however, if you would like others to try out the patches, you may have better luck by creating an issue where the patch reroll count can be incremented and tracked (and those interested can follow the progress). -- Suhail