I can add rust:cargo but the package definition in the guix.scm is already using `cargo-build-system` shouldn't it include rust and cargo etc automatically? -- Sent with Tuta; enjoy secure & ad-free emails: https://tuta.com Dec 31, 2023, 16:56 by maxim.cournoyer@gmail.com: > Hi, > > Apoorv writes: > >> Sorry, this is my first time using some mailing list. >> >> I tried using `--container` and `--emulate-fhs` first it doesn't seem >> to use `guix.scm` automatically I have to specify it using >> `--file=guix.scm`. Second, the container is missing so much more stuff >> like cargo for example. >> > > Yes, that's a somewhat surprising behavior designed to avoid bad > surprises, in that if you start using arguments with 'guix shell', the > 'do what I mean' magic is cancelled and you need to explicit each > arguments. > > About cargo missing, what prevents you from adding rust:cargo to your > guix.scm file? > >> This is my own project in Rust lang, I basically define `guix.scm` for >> all my projects since I started using Guix. >> > > I guess this being rust everything is statically compiled, and the usual > dynamic loader is not useful here (the RUNPATH baked in elf binaries is > not used). > > -- > Thanks, > Maxim >