Sorry, this is my first time using some mailing list. I tried using `--container` and `--emulate-fhs` first it doesn't seem to use `guix.scm` automatically I have to specify it using `--file=guix.scm`. Second, the container is missing so much more stuff like cargo for example. This is my own project in Rust lang, I basically define `guix.scm` for all my projects since I started using Guix. -- Sent with Tuta; enjoy secure & ad-free emails: https://tuta.com Dec 30, 2023, 03:10 by maxim.cournoyer@gmail.com: > Hi, > > Apoorv writes: > >> There are a lot of libs that need to be added to LD_LIBRARY_PATH for >> my project to compile successfully. I do have gcc-toolchain added in >> the guix.scm file. I had to do a lot of trickery for the shell >> environment to work for me properly, using direnv, >> > > [...] > > Did you try the 'guix shell --container --emulate-fhs' trick I suggested > earlier? I guess it should just work. What is it that you are > building/attempting to run? > > Also, please keep guix-devel@gnu.org and participants in CC, so that > everyone can follow/participate (the easiest way to do so is to "wide > reply" from your email client). > > -- > Thanks, > Maxim >