It's a common limitation of packages that provide a server. Guix doesn't manage daemons on foreign distros, it's the role of your distro. You might be able to set it up by installing as root, maybe manually copy the systemd service and hope that's enough. We can't support all methods of running daemons there exist on foreign distros, so you're on your own. Le 27 juillet 2022 00:49:07 GMT+02:00, jgart a écrit : >On Tue, 26 Jul 2022 16:16:58 -0500 Nathan Dehnel wrote: >> I just installed the nix package provided by the host distro (not >> guix). Seems to work fine. > >Hi Nathan, > >I've done that plenty of times before. That's usually how I install nix >on a foreign distro (i.e. by using apt or xbps (void linux), etc.) > >What I'm asking about here is making it easy to install nix with guix on a foreign distro. > >Currently, I can do the following on a foreign distro: > >`guix install nix` > >But the above will not set up the daemon service and create the build users, etc... > >So, currently I'm not sure how we should go about supporting that on a foreign distro... > >wdyt, > >jgart >