Our build farms need those sources, so they keep them in cache. If you need a source, you can always substitute from the build farms if the origin disappeared (that's actually the default and you don't even need to trust the build farm for that to work). Another fallback option when substitution is not possible is to get the source from Software Heritage. They keep an archive of almost everything. To do that, they have listers that help tgem find sources fsom different sesvices. They have a lister for GitLab, and even one for Guix. Also, as part of guix lint, a request is sert to swh if the oriqin is not yet archived. Hopefully that means our origins are saved by Software Heritage, so we can transparently fall back to them. Le 6 août 2022 15:08:21 GMT+02:00, "Olivier Dion via Development of GNU Guix and the GNU System distribution." a écrit : >Hi, > >Following this article , GitLab is >planning to start deleting project that were idle for > 12 months. > >Many packages origin in Guix use an url to a GitLab project. What are >the consequence of such deletion on Guix reproducibility? Will it >affects the time-machine? > >-- >Olivier Dion >oldiob.dev > >