and this thing WebRTC itself looks like a beast of its own... This is a perfect subject for Guix to handle? 😄 https://github.com/webrtc-rs/webrtc > On Apr 4, 2022, at 06:14, Yasuaki Kudo wrote: > > Well I thought it would be easier to build it natively on Guix from "scratch". > > For example, the BBB programs looked almost impossible to disassemble to components - at least it looked like it would be even harder than doing it all over again. > > But the question of what the "scratch" means... it seems there are a few components - WebRTC, audio codec, video codec, etc. > > And there are questions over whether to really mix the signals on server (for audio) or just bundling all separate lines of communications (for video), etc > > I would like to taken advantage of Guix to try different mixes and experiment 😄 > >>> On Apr 3, 2022, at 03:34, jbranso@dismail.de wrote: >>> >>> April 2, 2022 12:26 AM, "Yasuaki Kudo" wrote: >>> >>> Hi, >>> >>> 2 years ago, I joined meet.coop , a video conference service cooperative and explored the business >>> potential in Japan. >>> >>> The coop hosted BBB but the gap I discovered was that the potential customers in Japan would not be >>> interested unless the service is customized to their exact needs - otherwise they preferred Zoom >>> and Google meet. >>> >>> So ability to to take the video conference service into minimalist components and then reassembling >>> is very important 😄 >>> >> >> Sounds like a worthwhile project. You can always reach out to the BBB or jitsi developers >> and see what they think of your proposal. >> >>> -Yasu >>> >>>>> On Apr 2, 2022, at 03:59, jbranso@dismail.de wrote: >>>> >>>> March 31, 2022 7:53 PM, "Yasuaki Kudo" wrote: >>>> >>>>> Hello, >>>>> >>>>> From time to time, I think about audio/video mixer (.i.e. video conference software like BBB or >>>>> Jitsi) , with the intension of making it highly modular that it can be freely remixed and >>>>> reinvented by volunteer participants. >>>>> >>>>> Is anyone interested? Or is can you think about something that already exists? >>>> >>>> Your proposal sounds a little vague. What are you hoping to accomplish that BBB or Jitsi >>>> does not already do? >>>> >>>>> Cheers, >>>>> Yasu