Ludovic Courtès writes: > Hey, > > Jelle Licht skribis: > >> I basically added the robust features of `json-fetch*' to the exported >> `json-fetch' >> instead, and all existing functionality seems to work out as far as I can >> see. > > So are you saying that we can get rid of ‘json-fetch*’? > >> I did notice that I now produce hash-tables by default, and some of the >> existing usages of `json-fetch*' expect an alist instead. What would be a >> guile- >> appropriate way of dealing with this? I currently have multiple >> `(hash-table->alist (json-fetch <...>))' littered in my patch which seems >> suboptimal, >> but always converting the parsed json into an alist seems like it might >> also not be >> what we want. > > Why insist on having an alist? Perhaps you can just stick to hash > tables? :-) > > Ludo’. Hey hey, Sorry for the delay. Cue the drum roll; Attached is my initial draft of this patch. I initially wanted to split it up into 2 or more patches, but could not make this work in a way that I could wrap my head around. Also, there is yet another 'json-fetch'-like function implemented in `guix/ci.scm', but I was not sure whether the error-handling facilities would be applicable there. Anyway, I am open to comments. I have verified that at least the (tests of the) importers still work as they did before. After the comments, I could push it myself if that is okay.