According to that definition, beta does not seem to be a monniker we should be using on the website then either ;-). Either way, it would be nice to apply these terms consistently. Jelle On Apr 5, 2016 3:30 PM, "Florian Paul Schmidt" wrote: > On 05.04.2016 14:08, Jelle Licht wrote: > > Although it is mostly me nitpicking, I was installing GuixSD on an old > > laptop and noticed that the message of the day of the installation image > > still referred to GuixSD as alpha software. > > > > This patch changes the motd of the installer use the term beta software > > instead. > > Some more nitpicking: I don't know if the Guix project has agreed on the > semantics on the terms "alpha" and "beta", but the usual definition is > that in "alpha" software might undergo big unexpected (by the user) > changes so "so it may BREAK IN UNEXPECTED WAYS." is an appropriate > warning. In "beta" this kind of breakage should not happen. I.e. "beta" > usually means that the general state of the software is stable and no > big breakages are expected, but rather it's a phase of ironing out the > remaining kinks. > > Flo > > -- > https://fps.io > >