Hi Christina, > Would it be more organized if they was just one order: either > in alphabetical order or grouped by function? My suggestion > would be to use the file split to group by function and then sort > each file alphabetically. Do you know how it is arranged for other > languages? I've added comments in commentary section in the top of the file asking to keep packages alphabetically sorted seen in julia-xyz.scm as well. python-*.scm ordered semi random grouped closer to package purpose which require more thinking where to put a new one : -) > Another question I have: Is there any tooling that can help big package > migrations like this go faster? Eg. a script to split one big diff into > individual package moves with appropriate change-log entries. Good point her, I did manual split, with Emacs keyboard macros, magit history scan for copyright lines and manual check where package was used to include new module name. The split into golang-crypto is in review now and there would be 2 more common grouping: golang-compression and golang-build (or golang-extension). Rest packages which are hard to determine a group wound go to generic golang-xyz sorted alphabetically. Let me know your tooling which you familiar with I might think about some sort of automation. Thanks, Oleg