Hi, I'm about to create golang-check and golang-build modules, which both are core and would be in used by others. As Maxim mentioned, the most time consumption task would be migrating copyrights header properly. On Sun, 15 Oct 2023, 22:25 Wilko Meyer, wrote: > > Hi, > > Sharlatan Hellseher writes: > > > I think it's time to split (gnu packages golang) into some logical > groups, see > > Python, Lisp for example. > > > > Thoughts? > > IMHO this sounds like a good idea as it would improve the > maintainability of golang packages in the long run. We have 487 package > definitions right now: > > (~/devel/guix-devel/gnu/packages) λ rg -c 'define-public' golang.scm > 487 > > which already seems quite laborous to split into logical groups (while > getting the copyright information right as well and maintaining the > gitlog history etc.); so it probably classifies as a task that should be > tackled sooner than later as it'll cause more work over time the more > golang packages exist. > > -- > Kind regards, > > Wilko Meyer > w@wmeyer.eu >