I would like to propose the attached patch for maxima. This updates it to version 5.34.1 which fixes an upstream bug in plot2d and friends. Also it fixes dependencies to gnuplot and tk. In preparing the patch I've observed the following: The build procedure (make) generates some temporary files. When I build the package with guix, guix extracts the program tar.gz archive in the temporary directory /tmp/nix-build-maxima-5.34.1.drv-0 However, maxima attempts to create temporary files in /tmp/nix-build-maxima-5.34.1 and fails. To correct for this I've explicitly passed "TMPDIR=/tmp" to make. Is this the expected behavior? Regards, Fede