In preparing this package I've found that the python-build-system (not sure about the others) defines the environment variable HOME as "/homeless-shelter". However, that directory does not exist in the build chroot. This is a problem for cython, because it wants to access $HOME/.cython. Wouldn't it be better to point HOME to an existing directory (created in the chroot) with suitable permissions? I'm a little bit unsure about the name of the package. I've not prefixed it with "python[2]-" as the program extends the Python language and can work with both (2 and 3) Python version series. However, the package installs files in ".../lib/python${version}/site-packages/...". The naming is in-line with Debian naming. Regards, Fede