unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
From: John Soo <jsoo1@asu.edu>
To: Efraim Flashner <efraim@flashner.co.il>
Cc: Guix-devel <guix-devel@gnu.org>,
	Paul Garlick <pgarlick@tourbillion-technology.com>
Subject: Re: Packaging FreeCAD
Date: Thu, 9 May 2019 13:50:22 +0000	[thread overview]

Hello Guix,

I have a few updates on progress packaging FreeCAD.

  - Thanks to the PySide developers, I have a rough draft of PySide2,
PySide2-tools and Shiboken2 built.
  - FreeCAD gets through the build phase at version 0.18.1 (the current
release) thanks to the PySide2 dependency.
  - Pivy, an optional dependency, still does not build yet, though I have
been making some progress.
  - Coin has been undergoing a lot of development since I last defined the
package and the updates will require extra work to package.
  - I'm confused by some licenses and I will probably ask for help
clarifying them when I submit a patch,

Thanks for your help and guidance,

John