Hello, I have Guix 0.5 installed on a fedora 14, 2.6.32 kernel. Running the following: guix package --verbose -i tar I get the error: guix package: error: build failed: unable to fork: Operation not permitted I traced the error to the clone() operation in build.cc. As mentioned by Ludovic in a previous conversation with Matthias Wachs, it seems to be a problem of a missing capability CAP_SYS_ADMIN. I tried running the daemon as root only or with --build-users-group=guix-builder but I get the same error. I also tried isolating the clone operation in a test script to verify the problem, fails again (running as root). I tried removing all the CLONE_* flags as recommended by Ludovic, I get the error: build error: cannot set loopback interface flags: Permission denied I assume its because of the missing CLONE_NEWNET It seems that for some reason on this system, processes started with root privileges does not get the CAP_SYS_ADMIN capability. I know this is more of an environment problem than a Guix problem but I was hoping if you guys have any pointers as what could be the issue. Thanks a lot, Omar