unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* update Mate Desktop to 1.28
@ 2024-07-04 22:37 Andy Tai
From: Andy Tai @ 2024-07-04 22:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hi, in this patch series
https://issues.guix.gnu.org/71781

I sent would upgrade Mate to 1.28.  Hope someone with commit access
can review the patch series.  Keep desktop environments up to date is
good for GNU Guix.

* Re: update Mate Desktop to 1.28
@ 2024-07-06 10:53 ` Andreas Enge
From: Andreas Enge @ 2024-07-06 10:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andy Tai; +Cc: guix-devel

Hello Andy,

Am Thu, Jul 04, 2024 at 03:37:09PM -0700 schrieb Andy Tai:
> Hi, in this patch series
> https://issues.guix.gnu.org/71781
> I sent would upgrade Mate to 1.28.  Hope someone with commit access
> can review the patch series.  Keep desktop environments up to date is
> good for GNU Guix.

thanks for your patches, indeed updating is useful and necessary!

Right now most energy goes into merging core-updates: The two build farms
are busy building all the packages, see for instance here:
   https://qa.guix.gnu.org/branch/core-updates
(where it just went from red to orange on x86_64).
We have recently added a few new machines to the bordeaux build farm,
over the past few days there have been many bug fix and performance
commits to cuirass and we are in the process of updating the berlin
build farm accordingly.

Unfortunately this means that QA handling for patches lags behind:
   https://qa.guix.gnu.org/patches
I hope that once core-updates is out of the way, we will pick up
speed again in this direction.

Andreas