Thank you for explanation, I installed these packages system wide and got symbolic links. I prepared the patch for gnu/system.scm but I unsure about the way I used to check packages availability (find-packages-by-name). I see only the problem when one user installed the package and other don't — the new shell will be added to the list anyway. But I not found how to check that package was installed system wide. And generally should we check that shells really installed or just unconditionally add paths to /etc/shells? I will modify patch then. 2015-03-09 11:59 GMT+03:00 Ludovic Courtès : > Axel skribis: > >> Could we append /etc/shells with `zsh` or `fish` paths after these >> shells installed in the system? > > Sure! Would you like to submit a patch? This is in gnu/system.scm. > >> And I think these shells should be linked to >> /run/current-system/profile/bin/ as `bash` does. > > To do that, all you need to do is to add them to the ‘packages’ field of > the ‘operating-system’ declaration: > > (operating-system > ;; ... > (packages (cons* fish zsh %base-packages))) > > Thanks, > Ludo’. -- Александр Графов