2017-09-11 8:23 GMT+02:00 Arun Isaac : > > > I was wondering if anyone would work on Astroid mail > > https://astroidmail.github.io/ > > > > It seems simpler to package than Thunderbird and it could be extremely > > useful in the short/medium term > > Astroid requires external programs like mpop or offlineimap to fetch > mail. So it cannot quite replace Thunderbird for the casual mail > user. What about the not so casual email user ? ;-) Perhaps, claws-mail or blasa are better alternatives. Both > claws-mail and balsa are already packaged for Guix. > I didn t know In my view, those make the Thunderbird case even more desperate ;-)