2017-01-20 22:23 GMT+01:00 Ludovic Courtès : > Hi! > > Catonano skribis: > > > I made a crawler and I let it loose on the jquery 3.1.1 dependencies on > > registry.npmjs.com > > > > It recursevely fetched the dependencies of jquery 3.1.1, then the > > dependencies of the dependencies, then the dependencies of the > dependencies > > of the dependencies... and so on > > > > Until there were no more dependencies to fetch. > > > > It stored all such dependencies in a graph database made by the amazing > > amz3 for their project, Culturia. They wrote about such project several > > times on the guile-users mailing list. > > Neat! > > > It took days to download. And it took me months to produce a working > > version of this code. Because I don't know Guile very well and maybe I'm > > not that smart overall. > > > > Anyway, now I have a COMPLETE graph of the dependencies of jquery 3.1.1 > > > > It's made of > > 47311 vertices and > > 324569 edges > > Impressive. > > I suppose the data you gathered about the graph could help guide usage > of Jelle’s importer? (… which we should consider merging BTW!) > > I would be honored if my data could help guide usage of Jelle's importer. That was exactly my idea when I started this. The Nodejs stuff can't be treated with brute force. A data oriented approach can help, here.