2017-07-21 1:39 GMT+02:00 Quiliro Ordonez Baca : > > > Quiliro Ordonez Baca writes: > > > >> I spoke with the director of a technical school (small universtity) that > >> offers degrees in computer science. He said he could establish > collaboration in > >> free software projects as part of the syllabus for the students. I > could ask > >> them to contribute to Guix. > >> What tasks should I ask them to do? They > >> must collaborate between 80, 120 and 800 hours before graduating, > >> depending on their area of study. There are students of languages > >> too. Perhaps they can add the descriptions to the packages. Maybe > >> editorial contributions to the manual or contributing to the > >> translations. Descriptions could indeed be translated: > >> LANG=fr_FR.utf-8 guix package --show=hello > >> > >> We could also ask them to have a hydra mirror or another server for > >> Guix. > >> > >> It would be nice to have a list of TODO tasks...with knowledge > >> dependencies specified in order to have them done by contributors. I > >> think that easy tasks are a great way to help motivate people to learn > >> more in order to contribute with the harder tasks later. Is there a > >> place where tasks are described? > > Alex Vong writes: > > > Hello, > > > > I cannot speak for others on what are most needed in Guix. But here is a > > page summurizing project ideas for Google Summer of Code 2017: > > > > Thank you very much, Alex. Will this mean that Google will provide > funding or it is just the task to take into consideration? Of course > that I think that the later is more important. But I just need to know > the considerations about the financing. > > Apart from the ideas indicated above, I would like to suggest the simple task of creating new packages and new services. It's basic but II don't know the skills leve of these students. It might be a good introduction to Guix, Guile, Scheme