2018-06-08 15:49 GMT+02:00 Ludovic Courtès : > Hello! > > Catonano skribis: > > > In this post I discuss Guix > > > > And I discuss Guile too > > > > I understand that the language is strong and I expect someone to be upset > > > > But I feel this is due > > > > Happy reading > > > > http://catonano.v22018025836661967.nicesrv.de/the-gnu-community.html > > Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I pretty much agree with the kind > words about the Guix group. ;-) > > I didn’t know (I suppose I didn’t pay attention) to what happened to you > in Guile land, and I’m sad you experienced it and felt bad about the > whole story. > > I feel that “GNU is toxic” and “Guile is toxic” are unhelpful, though. > I mean, we are GNU, and we are Guile. GNU has its own set of problems > that we’ll have to deal with, and it’s a very big organization with its > own history etc., so improving things is difficult. But Guile is a > small community, and I’m sure we can improve. > I agree that there's room for improvement That's the reason why I wrote that post I could have silently drift away and maybe move to Racket or to Pharo or to knitting fishing nets, as thousands of people have already done I thought that in providing my cut on the Guile experience I was providing ground on which to operate It was what I could do to help the Guile community to improve a bit. I was maybe slightly presumptuos, yes > To me, the lesson as a Guile co-maintainer is that we should be paying > more attention in general. I consider myself partly responsible for > this in that, although I’m still officially co-maintainer, Ah I didn't know this I thought you were a _former_ comantainer Had I nown you were still a comantainer, I wold have pinged you, when the accident happened I refrained from pinging you because I had understood that you had explicitly stripped yourself of the Guile responsibility in order to dedicate your efforts to Guix > I haven’t > been paying much attention to what’s going on on the Guile channels. We > shouldn’t let hostile conversations like the one you experienced on > #guile through. Definitely. I'm glad you acnowledge this > Perhaps what we need is someone to step up and help out > with Guile? We should all care. > Should any initiative to improve the Guile channels come out of this, I would consider this a huge success of my post 😊 > > Thank you, > Ludo’. > > Thank you !