Hi Jonathan, On Thu, 3 Oct 2024 at 06:43, indieterminacy wrote: > On 2024-10-02 20:32, Omar Bassam wrote: > > Hi jgart, > > > > I am kind of new to Guix and I am struggling to find resources > > forlanguage specific recipes like you mentioned. > > > > I started a project https://lisp-spectrum.org/ where I try to document > > my struggles with the Lisp Ecosystemin general (Guix included). > > > > Cool! > > Its worth pointing out the Lisp dialect, TXR > https://www.nongnu.org/txr/txr-lisp.html > > FWIW, here are some of my notes: > https://git.sr.ht/~indieterminacy/?search=3q+txr > > WOW, I've never heard of such a project. I didn't know that it's possible to combine Lisp-1 and Lisp-2 in one implementation. It looks like a very unique dialect with some unconventional ideas that one can learn from. Would you be interested in adding some notes about this dialect in the lisp-spectrum project? > > For every Lisp, I try to include a guix manifest to make the > > instructions reproducible and I plan to add guides > > > > on how to work with guix on many levels (OS, home and shell) for each > > language. > > > > I'm only doing this project for Lisp dialects for now, but I can > > definitely see the benefit of having the same thing for other > > languages as well. > > > > On Wed, 2 Oct 2024 at 23:20, Suhail Singh > > wrote: > > > >> Moving the discussion to guix-devel. > >> > >> "jgart" writes: > >> > >>> what do people think of having language specific guides for using > >>> `guix shell` with particular programming languages? > >>> > >>> not unlike this Nix guide that shows how to use Python in a `nix > >>> shell` to develop on a flask application: > >>> > >>> https://nix.dev/guides/recipes/python-environment.html > >> > >> I believe such guides would be quite helpful. Perhaps Guix Cookbook > >> would be the appropriate place for it? > >> > >>> would be cool to document the expected workflow for a Guix user > >> using > >>> jpm and guix to develop on janet software, for example. > >> > >> As someone curious about JPM, such a guide would be of practical > >> interest to me. > >> > >> -- > >> Suhail > > Happy hacking! > > > Jonathan >