Pulled, restarted. The next stop is tcsh. The tarball at ftp.astron.com s gone, replaced with more recent version... One observation: apparently coreutils refuses to be built as root so I had to create a build user/group to give to guix-daemon. Thanks, Alex On Fri, May 29, 2015 at 3:57 PM, Ludovic Courtès wrote: > Alexander Vorobiev skribis: > > > I have some good progress finally. I started from scratch and pulled the > > latest from git. I am now running guix-daemon as root with only one > option > > --no-substitutes. The make guix-binary* ran for hours and built a lot of > > stuff (bash, gcc, perl, etc) but stumbled upon openldap which doesn't > seem > > to be available at the url it wants to use: > > Indeed, I’ve updated the OpenLDAP URLs. > > > I tried modifying gnu/packages/openldap.scm to use correct url ( > > ftp://mirror.switch.ch/mirror/OpenLDAP/openldap-release/...) but that > > didn't change anything since (I am guessing) the .drv files in store > > weren't rebuilt and still point to the old url. How do I fix that without > > rebuilding everything that it created so far? > > Changing the file does have an effect, but perhaps you modified the > wrong file? At any rate, if you git pull now and try again it should > work (and it won’t rebuild everything.) > > > As a side note, would it be possible to modify the files you suggested > (gnu > > packages package-management and gnu system instal) for the custom local > > state dir in such a way (through configure? scheme variable?) that it > > wouldn't be hard-coded? I am guessing any update to guix would cause my > > changes to be lost? > > Since you’re working from a git checkout (right?), you can always > arrange to have your changes applied. > > Thanks, > Ludo’. >