unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* [Running Guile]: error while loading shared libraries: libguile-2.0.so.22
@ 2017-01-31 15:50 rohit yadav
From: rohit yadav @ 2017-01-31 15:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hi All,

I believe it is a trivial question for many but I am a little stuck. I am
trying to learn guile. I installed it using guix package manager. I have
specified all the environment variables suggested by guix after
installation. However, when I am trying to run a C program calling libguile
which compiles fine but cannot find the the above shared object while
running the compiled binary. I am to not sure as how to pass path for
shared library. It is located inside ~/.guix-profile/lib.

Thanks,
Rohit

* Fwd: [Running Guile]: error while loading shared libraries: libguile-2.0.so.22
@ 2017-01-31 15:51 ` rohit yadav
From: rohit yadav @ 2017-01-31 15:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hi All,

I believe it is a trivial question for many but I am a little stuck. I am
trying to learn guile. I installed it using guix package manager. I have
specified all the environment variables suggested by guix after
installation. However, when I am trying to run a C program calling libguile
which compiles fine but cannot find the the above shared object while
running the compiled binary. I am to not sure as how to pass path for
shared library. It is located inside ~/.guix-profile/lib.

Thanks,
Rohit

* Re: [Running Guile]: error while loading shared libraries: libguile-2.0.so.22
@ 2017-02-01 22:19 ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2017-02-01 22:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rohit yadav; +Cc: guix-devel

Hi,

rohit yadav <rohityadav7787@gmail.com> skribis:

> I believe it is a trivial question for many but I am a little stuck. I am
> trying to learn guile. I installed it using guix package manager. I have
> specified all the environment variables suggested by guix after
> installation. However, when I am trying to run a C program calling libguile
> which compiles fine but cannot find the the above shared object while
> running the compiled binary. I am to not sure as how to pass path for
> shared library. It is located inside ~/.guix-profile/lib.

How did you compile that C program that uses libguile?

You need to install the ‘gcc-toolchain’ package (and not just ‘gcc’!)
from Guix to build C programs.

HTH!

Ludo’.

* Re: [Running Guile]: error while loading shared libraries: libguile-2.0.so.22
@ 2017-02-01 22:46   ` rohit yadav
From: rohit yadav @ 2017-02-01 22:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: guix-devel