Thanks for the response. When I noticed that hydra.gnu.org was down I used https://berlin.guixsd.org/ (as mentioned in the substitute page). However, guix was still building everything from source and not fetching the binaries. Although I had not validated the key for this website. Could that be the issue? If so how do I get the key? Regards, Rohit On Sun, Nov 4, 2018 at 1:10 AM Pjotr Prins wrote: > For new users I think we ought to authorize and access these servers > by default. I know this was shot down before, but there really is no > reason not to. > > When you install guix you implicitely decide to trust its servers. I > know no one who does not want to install the keys. I.e., everyone > needs the keys installed anyway. > > So, why don't they just work and be part of the guix package? It is > one of these areas we could do better with little effort. > > Pj. > >