unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
From: Gammel Holte <gammel.holte@gmail.com>
To: Danny Milosavljevic <dannym@scratchpost.org>
Cc: guix-devel@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Packaging LyX
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2017 23:20:14 +0100	[thread overview]

Danny Milosavljevic <dannym@scratchpost.org> wrote:

> Hmm, do the tests work for you? Back when I tried this was the blocker for
> me...

Yes, they work fine. Aside, I've tested LyX for a few days and everything
has worked as expected so far.

After looking into all documentation, packages from other distros, and
testing different things I'm pretty sure the minimal set of dependencies is
what I listed in my previous email.

Give the script attached a try if you want (still not a proper package, so
you need to do guix package -f lyx.scm). It also needs python@2.7 in the
environment as LyX doesn't bind to python properly, but rather tries to
find it dynamically during runtime. I need to fix that.