Yeah, I noticed this, too but wasn't going to say anything. That footer is outlandish. I think you ought to nix the whole thing. On Sun, May 17, 2020, 09:29 Dmitry Alexandrov wrote: > My apologies to Guix devs for offtopic (I hope adding an appropriate tag > to subject is enough not to disturb those who do not want to be disturbed), > but I could not pass this by: > > Trevor Lee wrote: > > 1. *The content of this email is confidential and intended for the > recipient specified in message only. > > Nope, youʼve sent it to a public mailing list. ;-) > > And even if put this mistake aside: > > > It is strictly forbidden to share any part of this message with any > third party, without a written consent of the sender. > > By whom? Is there anyone, who is capable of ‘strictly forbidding’ me (or > anyone else) to do anything? I would suggest you to revise the wording. > > > If you received this message by mistake, please reply to this message > and follow with its deletion, so that we can ensure such a mistake does not > occur in the future.* > > While this is undoubtedly formulated better, it contradicts with the > normal workflow of most people: they could either reply to the letter > (often citing the enough context) and store it in their archive forever > along with their reply, or trash it. > > > 2. *This message has been sent as a part of discussion between Begley > Brothers Inc. and the addressee whose name is specified above. Should you > receive this message by mistake, we would be most grateful if you informed > us that the message has been sent to you. In this case, we also ask that > you delete this message from your mailbox, and do not forward it or any > part of it to anyone else. Thank you for your cooperation and > understanding.* > > Are not you repeating yourself? > > > 3. *Begley Brothers Inc. puts the security of the client at a high > priority. Therefore, we have put efforts into ensuring that the message is > error and virus-free. Unfortunately, full security of the email cannot be > ensured as, despite our efforts, the data included in emails could be > infected, intercepted, or corrupted. > > Sure, perfect secrecy / security cannot be achieved. But, for instance, > signing and encrypting your mail sufficiently lower the chances that it > would be tampered with and read by adversary third party respectively. > > Unfortunately, you neither sign your mail, nor I can find your key to send > you an encrypted one: it is not published neither at open keyserver network > (for now represented by keyserver.ubuntu.com), neither at proprietary > keys.openpgp.org. And gmail.com, of course, does not provide > webkey-directory, let aside DANE. > > > Therefore, the recipient should check the email for threats with > proper software, as the sender does not accept liability for any damage > inflicted by viewing the content of this email.* > > It seems, that you have really decided to scare all your clients off. :-) >